My Mission Statement: To support my students in growth as a readers and thinkers. Our goal is for each student to catch up with peers on his/her reading level. This goal is reached through intensive, small-group, supplementary literature for students that have difficulty succeeding in reading and writing. This is accomplished through
- Advance the literacy learning of students not meeting grade-level expectations in reading
- Deepen and expand comprehension with close reading
- Increase reading volume by engaging students in large amounts of successful daily reading
- Increase student engagement with books that build knowledge
- Intervene with small groups of struggling readers to maximize growth
- Meet the needs of struggling readers
- Experience various forms of writing
- Build schema, background knowledge through various genres
- Evaluate author's crafts
- Monitor student progress.
- Goals set by both the teacher and the student
- Students ownership in progress with tracking self progress
When the power of ideas and collaboration are fueled by honest reflection, growth seems inevitable. I am dedicated to partnering with each student to achieve this growth mindset. After all - YOU are worth it!
Distance Learning Information
GOOGLE CLASSROOM CODE:
Also take time join NewsELA using the class code: ZDU5KT
Please join! I miss working with each and everyone of you. I am hoping you are all well and healthy. I look forward to hearing from you again and working on our reading goals! Talk to you soon.